- Conceptual design and feasibility study for the replacement of four 3,500 psig positive displacement hydrocracker feed pumps with centrifugal pumps coupled to power recovery turbines.
- Conceptual design and feasibility study for the reconfiguration and re-rate of two 3,500 psig hydrocracker wash water pumps.
- Conceptual design and feasibility study for the re-rate and revamp of seven high-pressure reciprocating H2 booster compressors (30,000 HP).
- Conceptual design and feasibility study for the re-rate and revamp of eight high-pressure reciprocating H2 booster compressors (54,000 HP) plus ten high-pressure centrifugal H2 recycle and gas recovery compressors (30,000 HP). Prepare specifications and supervised the procurement of all required rotating equipment. Project value US$ 100 million.
- Re-powering study of combined-cycle gas turbine power plant. Recommended replacing three 17 MW heavy-industrial gas turbine generators (GTG's) with three 43 MW aero-derivative GTG's, providing a 150% increase in generated power for only a 30% increase in fuel flow, while retaining existing HRSG/SCR’s.
- Rotordynamic analysis of 1,800 HP, 10,600 RPM centrifugal compressor in reformer recycle service.
- Thermodynamic modeling of 11,000 HP GE split-shaft gas turbine with steam injection system for NOx abatement and power augmentation using real-gas equation of state.
- Rotordynamic analysis of 2,900 HP, 13,500 RPM condensing steam turbine after rotor modification for electronic speed control and overspeed protection resulted in high vibration.
- Stress analysis and redesign of steam turbine hollow shaft-end and flexible element coupling per API 671 for three 9,000 HP wet gas compressor trains
- Stress analysis of power-turbine-to-compressor flexible-element coupling for 11,000 HP GE gas turbine to verify compliance with API 671 requirements
- Evaluation and resizing of anti-surge control valve and recycle loop piping for 8,000 HP alkylation refrigerant compressor.
- Evaluated aerothermal performance & specified re-rate requirements for Reformer recycle gas compressor and 5,280 HP 9-stage condensing steam turbine driver
- Rotordynamic modeling & analysis of 300 HP backpressure steam turbine after rotor modification for electronic speed control and overspeed protection.
- Designed, built, tested full-scale engineering prototype of a novel human-powered oscillating-foil propulsion and maneuvering system for watercraft.
- Evaluate re-rated performance envelope for 8,000 HP alkylation refrigerant compressor and GE gas turbine driver
- Non-Process Quality Control (NPQC) design audit of three 10 MW GE LM-1500 gas turbine driven generator sets and ancillary systems.
- Evaluation of pumping system reliability and required upgrades for major municipal wastewater treatment and pumping system. Recommended modifications reduced the project budget for system revamp by $2.0 million.
- Conceptual design of high-pressure hydrothermal processing system and equipment for soils contaminated by PAH refinery wastes.
- Program manager for development of 30 kW, 60,000 RPM, free power turbine, DC generator, load control system and test cell for start-up microturbine development company.
- Root cause failure analysis of Elliott isocarbon seals in a 25MB7-6 hydrogen recycle compressor, with recommended upgrades/modifications.
- Root cause failure analysis of piston rider bands in Cooper KM-3 reciprocating compressor in hydrogen make-up/recycle service, with recommended upgrades/modifications.